Welcome to QCHAT!
QCHAT is an LGBTQIA2S+ peer support association made up of peer volunteers across British Columbia, and our organization exists to provide peer support and referral services to youth residing within the province.
Wondering if QCHAT is the right resource for you?
a peer support line
- The world is tough for LGBTQIA2S+ folks. We’re here to make it a little less so. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, confused, scared, doubtful, sad, anxious, out of your depth, lonely, angry, like you’re falling without a net… we’re here for you. If you know someone that might be going through these things, refer them to us.
a place to talk and ask questions
- Don’t know where to find your local queer resources? Need to know you belong? Just have something on your mind? Talk to us! If we don’t have what you’re looking for, we’ll try our best to direct you to a resource that will.
- All QCHAT volunteers are queer and/or trans folks in their thirties and younger. We are just like you. We have been through many of the same experiences, had many of the same questions, thought many of the same things. We understand that while everyone’s life and experiences are different, queer and trans folks have their own unique knowledge, life lessons, and understanding of the world. We can share ours with you, and you can share yours with us.
- QCHAT is based in Victoria and is here to serve the LGBTQIA2S+ youth of BC. We’re familiar with resources all over the province. Just let us know what you need!
looking for more volunteers
- If you would like to lend an ear and staff the lines at QCHAT, let us know!
QCHAT is not:
- a crisis line: If you are dealing with thoughts of self-harm or suicide, we encourage you to seek help here:
- Youthspace.ca, online chat or SMS 778-783-0177
- Youthinbc.com, online chat or 1-800-784-2433
- Trans Lifeline, call 877-330-6366
- KUU-US for indigenous youth 250-723-2040 and elders 250-723-2040
- Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868
- Professional help: Our volunteers go through multiple hours of training. However, we are not professional health workers or therapists. If your needs go beyond our services, chat with one of our volunteers about other resources, or try our resource database (here).
You can find QCHAT on Facebook and at our website. Our phone, text, and online chat lines are open Monday-Wednesday, 6:00-9:00 pm. We also have an ever-growing resource database.